Really, she is. A big mess. By child number four, there's quite a bit we've seen in the way of children. But there's always another adventure, something new to experience. We've never had a climber. Not a climber like Sweet Baby Paige. She's like a climbing junkie. No matter how many obstacles we remove from her path, she finds another one to climb.
This morning, she climbed up onto the computer desk and stood up while Merry Grace was watching Barney (her new love.) She is almost 3 feet off the ground and has NO FEAR.
So after I snapped a couple of pictures, we turned the computer chair over on its side and got Merry Grace a stool she could sit on that would keep her up and Paige down. Score: Paige-1, Mother-1.
So she went into the kitchen and climbed into the booster seat, over the back of the chair and into the kitchen window. *sigh*
In her defense, she really did feel sorry for doing it. (*imagine my voice dripping with sarcasm*) So I got her down and made sure the chair was scooted far enough under the table that she couldn't pull that stunt again. Score: Paige-2, Mother-2.
Before this incident, I already had all the other chairs laying on the ground. Her favorite thing is to climb up onto the table and park it up there, so this is the daily routine at our house after each meal--lay your chair on the floor. Everyone has the cute decorating ideas these days. This is mine. I'm expecting Better Homes and Gardens to show up any day now for my photo shoot.
So with another fun play area restricted, she decided to climb onto the black stove in the living room. This is probably the most dangerous place she likes to play and also the hardest to restrict.
But, as usual, she felt really bad that she'd worried her Mommy. So I got her down and took down all the *fun* objects she was trying to reach up there and put them somewhere else. Score: Paige-3, Mother-3. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not getting ahead here.
Then she had a really wet diaper, which I changed and then once she had a clean diaper on, she pooped. So I changed that one too. But she did throw both diapers away for me. Score: Paige-4, Mother-4.
And this was all by 9:45am. This girl really wears me out. But she gives the sweetest hugs and kisses in all the world and she has a spunky little personality that keeps me giggling. So what can you do with a baby who's nothing but love?
Not a thing. Just love her even more.


5 rays of sunshine:
Kristen, I feel your pain! I've given up any hope that our house will look neat and/or fashionable for the next decade. We have an ottoman in front of the fire place, stools blocking cabinets, chairs laying down, locks on everything, and nothing on any surface that he can reach (so our coffee table, end table, etc. are completely bare). And yet...Joshua still manages to climb, fall, and make a mess before 9:00am every single day! I've just given up :)
I'm so glad someone understands. The only cute accessories I have are kids. Although they are terribly cute. :)
You also have cute parents.
What a sweet little mess! The chairs just cracks me up, but I can totally see me having to do that in just a short while. John David just a couple of days ago has started climbing. My girls didn't climb that early, and I have to admit, I'm kinda scared.
Adrian, that totally made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
ps, this is lisa
Post a Comment