Sometimes I think I had kids just for the entertainment. They are always making me laugh about something. Here are a few that really got me recently.
Ian and Elise were wrestling playing in the kitchen and Elise yells, "You'd better watch out or I will give you a wedgie!" (Let me just note that I haven't said the word wedgie in a really long time--if ever, so I'm assuming I have the public education system to thank for this.) Ian runs off screaming, "Ahhhhhhh, not a wedgie!!!" I wasn't aware Elise knew what a wedgie was, much less Ian, so I asked, "Ian, do you know what a wedgie is?" He looked at me with a puzzled look and said, "Actually, no." Apparently Elise's tone of voice had communicated all he really needed to know.
I had to take Elise to the doctor yesterday. Ian was with Cory and I had the girls with me. Merry Grace decided to tell us some funny things from the movie, Shrek. It went something like this, "One time on Shrek there was this dog and he could do this thing and he went to a house and I think it was Shrek's house and there were a lot of babies and the dog was talking to the babies and there were like a hundred babies and the dog tried to run away but Shrek's mommy wasn't in the movie I don't think I don't know and the dog was Shrek's friend...." And it goes on and on and on and none of it reminds me of anything I've ever seen in Shrek, except maybe when she says the name Shrek. So she has gone on and on and one for a while and Elise goes, "Oh, Merry Grace. That sounds so....unreal!" It was the perfect use of sarcasm and it made me laugh out loud.
A few months ago, my mom mentioned to my brother that he ought to check out my blog once in a while and see what we and the kids were up to. So for the first time in a really, really, really long time he decided to read the latest post. It just happened to be a post where I, in some form or another, referred to my boobies. :) He was horrified and hasn't read the blog since. So I'm giving you a heads up, dear readers. This story is about boobies, so if you might get freaked out, stop reading now.
The other day I was getting dressed and (of course) Merry Grace and Paige were following me around. Merry Grace was (again) puzzled and intrigued by the idea of boobies. So she asked, "Mommy, how did you get your big boobies?" (And can I just say bless her for calling them big!!!) "Well," I told her, "It just happens when you get older and when you grow up, it will happen to you too." You could tell she was thinking about that and then she turned her head to the side and said, "But how come they are kind of hanging down so much?" I tried to stifle a laugh and before I could respond she said, "Maybe its because they aren't glued down very well." Um, yes, sweetheart. That's it exactly. If only a little glue would do the trick. :)
I mean, really. What would I do for entertainment without these kids? :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

4 rays of sunshine:
That's certainly why I had kids!
Those are so funny! You have great kids!
your "boobies" story is priceless!!! I laughed SO hard! BUT ONLY because I can relate....and I too wish that a little glue could do "the trick" for a few places on this body of mine! ;)
You are so right, Sheri! Someone should totally invent that. :)
Post a Comment