Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Beginning


I love the idea that with a new year comes the time to reflect on myself and think about things I would like to improve on.  Change can come at any time, but I definitely love starting the new year with new goals in mind.  Some of the things I've thought about for myself are spiritual goals, some are family oriented, and some are just personal things or habits that I'd like to do better.  This December marks not only the end of a year, but also of a decade.  For me personally, it marks the end of my twenties, as I will turn 30 in a few months.  I'm not sad about turning 30.  I am happy with what I've accomplished this last decade, not the least of which include getting married, staying married, and giving birth to four pretty wonderful children.  I keep a chalkboard in our kitchen where I write quotes on from time to time.  I wanted to find a quote that would get us started on a new year and came across this one from Elder Robert E. Sackley, in General Conference back in 1988.

To find that “more excellent way,” we must cast aside our old selves and our old habits and ways of thinking. We must first recognize how we should change, and then we must make those changes, thus putting on the new and beginning to live as we have never lived before.
That pretty much sums it up for me.  I want to put aside the old and live as I have never lived before.  Look out 30's--here I come. :)

4 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

What a great attitude and approach to life!

Staci J said...

Love it!!! You always inspire me Kristen! Happy New Year!

Kory said...

i like it! thanks for the quote too, it is very inspiring!!!

maybe i'll actually write my goals down this year and make them happen! LOL

Carolina girl said...

Thanks for sharing that great quote.