Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hair Catastrophe

Saturday night the kids were taking their baths for church.  Elise and Merry Grace had just gotten their pajamas on and were brushing their hair when Merry Grace came into the living room crying.  She had tried to brush her hair with a round brush and had gotten it stuck in her hair.  Of course it got stuck right in the front of her hair, right next to her head. I think most every girl has had the experience of getting a round brush or curling brush a little tangled in their hair, myself included.  But never in my life have I ever seen such a mess of tangles in her hair as I saw in Merry Grace's.  We tried and tried to untangle it as best we could, but it was such a mess.  I thought we were going to have to just cut it out, but I sure hated to do that, considering where it was stuck.  Merry Grace was having a complete and total meltdown by this time.  Then my dad had a great idea.  Since the brush was plastic, he thought if we clipped off the bristles, we could untangle the hair easier.

So that 's what we did.  It took a while to get them off and then untangle the hair. In fact, it took so long and Merry Grace was so worn out from crying that she fell asleep before we finished.  Poor little girl.  But we saved her hair.  She's missing a little hair, from the looks of the brush, but you can't tell a bit by looking at her.


Oh my stars!  Would you look at that mess?!  I hope to never see another mess like that again.  And I'm sure Merry Grace feels the same way! :)

6 rays of sunshine:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I don't look forward to those incidents! Looks like you had a great problem solver to help you though!

Carolina girl said...

Bless her little heart. Thank goodness for your Dad and his great idea.

Amanda said...

That looks painful. I can't tell she lost much hair she's still cute as ever.

Kristen said...

It was so painful. For her and us both. Thank goodness for my dad or I'm pretty sure it would have been obvious. I cut her hair tonight, though. Its a lot like Elise's and it looks adorable. As if she could look anything but...

Amanda said...

I can not believe you cut her hair!!! I saw it at church today and it is way too cute. the back turns under so well. love it.

Kristen said...

I thought it was really cute too. I think Cory was worried when he saw me whacking off 3 inches. (I think he thought perhaps I should go to a professional. :)) But he loves it now. It works great with her hair texture.