Christmas always comes a couple of days early around our house. We have serious connections to Santa Claus. It was a good thing we'd planned to open presents early because I don't think the kids could have made it another day. I was pretty sure that Ian was going to have a nervous breakdown somewhere around December 5th because he didn't think he could wait to open his presents.
We went Christmas caroling the night before, another one of our Christmas traditions. The highlight for us was caroling to Ian's teacher assistant. She lives in our neighborhood and lost her father to heart problems a week after Cory's dad passed away. So we feel a connection to her on several different levels. After our rendition of "Away in a Manger" and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", she gave hugs to everyone with tears of gratitude in her eyes. Her appreciation meant a lot to us and we enjoyed singing to her. Cory's mom came back to our house after the caroling and spent the night so she could see the kids on Christmas morning. Elise woke up at 5:30, but we managed to hold her off until a little later when everyone woke up.
We did get a cute picture of Ian riding the little pony, in hopes that that would ease Paige's fears. It didn't. But Ian sure looks cute.
I have no idea what she's opening, but Merry Grace is at that adorable age where each gift is magical. This facial expression is priceless. And we saw it with every gift. So, so, so cute!!!
Elise opened a couple of wii games that she's been wanting for ages. I think she was thrilled! :) And honestly, I've enjoyed playing them as much as she has. Love it when that happens.
Ian had a lot of Tarheel gear on his Christmas list this year. A lot. This is a pair of sunglasses with the tarheel logo on the side. I think he was thrilled.
So I have to say that Christmas was a success this year. We loved being together, sharing in some of our favorite traditions and feeling the love of our Savior in our hearts. Christmas was wonderful. Just wonderful.

4 rays of sunshine:
My family rocks.
I absolutely LOVE Merry Grace's excited little face with every present--isn't it great that the simplest things can bring so much joy?
Poor Paige and the "scary" rocking horse! Joshua got one of those push toys that has the balls that pop around when you push it, and he was scared to death the first hour! He much preferred to push around his cousin's toy baby stroller since it didn't make any loud noises. Hopefully Paige will warm up to the horse soon, but it looks like she'll have fun with her baby doll until then! :)
Sweet Christmas memories.
I love the way paige looks in these pics. so cute. and i think i got emmy that same top that mg has on.
Post a Comment