Friday, September 04, 2009

Silliness

Right now its after lunch and the little girls are in the bath. I brought the laptop into the bathroom to get some blog updating done while they get some much needed scrubbing.

When you have kids as funny and cute as mine (Hey, its true! What can I say?!), its hard to go too many posts without some pictures.

Merry Grace continues to mother Paige, oftentimes against Paige's will. :) She LOVES it when Paige will let her feed her her bottle. Most of the time, Paige is not at all interested in this scenario, but every once in a while she is and will snuggle up with her big sis and drink her bottle. It is pretty cute. :)



We emptied out the boxes the other day and Paige found an instant play place. Forget those high priced play yards! This works perfectly. She was entertained in this thing forever.


She loves climbing in things (hence the fascination with the boxes) but doesn't limit herself to cardboard boxes. After her Daddy threw those away, the drawer below the oven worked just fine. Cabinets are fair game too. I need to get a picture or two of her in the little boxes she tries to fit in. It gives me a laugh to see her squished into a shoe box. :)


Here is a picture of Merry Grace's pot she painted earlier this week. Hers is the one on the left. The other one is one that one of the kids painted in year's past. We got tickled at who she picked to "love" on it. She wanted to say that she loved each member of her immediate family, plus Lois (her brand new aunt) and the Tarheels. Too funny.


Ah ha. Here is one of the prime reasons a bath was in order. Merry Grace so generously shared an oreo with Paige after they both ate their lunch. Oh dear, what a mess that was. Paige LOVED it though. Imagine that. Paige is at the age where she really wants to feed herself, but it is oh-so-messy. Its nice to be able to grab a bite with the rest of the family, instead of feeding the baby, but the clean-up is shocking. I frequently tell Paige that I think it might be easier to have another baby than to clean her up. :)


The happy sharer and the happy eater of the oreo. :) How can one little cookie make such a mess?!


Here is Miss Fancy Pants herself. Thankfully, this little gal doesn't change clothes as frequently as she used to, but she still has a fashion sense all her own. You should really click on the top picture to really appreciate her outfit. That was this morning. At some point she changed into the outfit in the second picture--her navy blue tee and Ian's navy pajama pants--because they matched, of course. :) And now that she's had a bath, I'm sure outfit number three is on the horizon. And yes, even three outfits is an improvement. But really, how could you not love that sassy chick? :)

Well, journaling is done, scrubbing is done, and now its time for other things. How is that for multi-tasking? :)

3 rays of sunshine:

Carolina girl said...

They really are too cute for words! I just want to grab them out of these pictures and smooch on them! You'll have to do it for me. :)

Katelyn said...

Kristen, Elise is basically me when I was a kid. Except I think she's probably prettier (Your children are absolutely beautiful!). I used to change clothes SO many times in a day. Watching home videos is hilarious, because every time I come out, I'm wearing something else. At least now I know that it is somewhat normal :)

Amanda said...

Charles-Allen says, "Oh, that's cute, she's so cute"
he's right and i love the oreo:)