Thursday, September 24, 2009

How Can a Year Go By So Quickly?

My baby is One and I can barely believe its true.  If there weren't proof positive in the calendar and the fact that she is taking baby steps, and climbing onto the couches, I wouldn't believe it.  It has just gone by too fast.  But here we are and here she is and it has been a joy to have her in our family.  She has been the dearest, sweetest, most wonderful baby we could have possibly hoped for.  So here are a few of my favorite things from the past year.  Happy Birthday Logan Paige, Paigie Poo, Paigie Waigie, Little Bit, you Darling Baby, you!


My Favorite Things


Brand newborn babies


All snuggled and cozy,


Sleeping in baskets


Or cheeks warm and rosy,


Seeing the love that a sister can bring...


These are a few of my favorite things.


Bright blue-eyed babies


And big sloppy kisses,


A hint of a smile


And hearts full of wishes,


Enjoying even the simplest things...


These are a few of my favorite things.


Lavender tutus


And wrinkly noses


Being mischievous 


Or Smelling the Roses.


Knowing that you are the cutest thing...


These are a few of my favorite things!

8 rays of sunshine:

The Short Sale Strategist said...

Great post. That's my little baby girl.

Lisa said...

Oh, now I'm sad. My new baby is one week and one day, and I just want to push pause!
Paige is adorable! Funny enough, we call Liberty and Afton "litle bit." I thought I was the only one! I guess it's genetic...LOL.

Carolina girl said...

How sweet! I can't believe she's one either! She is too precious! It's so unfair how the more babies you have the faster time flies. It seems like Katie first year lasted forever, but John David is flying by. Happy Birthday Paige! Can't wait to steal some sugar from you in a few months! :)

Amanda said...

So Sweet. Happy Birthday Pagie, we love you tons and tons.

sj said...

What a sweet, sweet little one! Give her some extra kisses for us!

sj said...

And I love your creative song idea..I started singing along in my head. :)

Susan said...

What a beautiful baby! You're right, a year seems like it's supposed to last longer than that.

Lisa and company said...

awwwww