Well, its that time of year again--back to school. I guess everyone says it and feels it, but I'll add my voice anyway, "I can't believe I have a third grader and a kindergartner!" School started for Elise last week and she jumped right in. By third grade, this stuff is old hat to her. She has a wonderfully nice teacher, a well-behaved class, and seems to have made the adjustment to a new grade with more homework with ease. Ian went one day last week and then started for real this week. Cory walked him in on his one day last week and then that stinker insisted on walking in by himself this week. He didn't even want Elise to walk with him. What a big kid!! It is a really long walk to the kindergarten classes, and I wasn't sure he'd be able to find his way. Apparently he either has a good memory or a good sense of direction, because he made it just fine. (I, on the other hand, spent the day debating different plans, all involving a subtle way in which I could venture down the school and peek in his room to make sure he made it okay.) I can already see the wisdom in holding him back last year. He's so much more prepared this year. I miss my two kiddos while they are in school, but it has been good for Merry Grace, Paige and I, and good for the older kids too. I think they really like having a sibling at school with them. They even eat lunch at the same time, so they wave to each other in the lunch room. They are just too cute. My favorite part of the day is picking the two of them up from school each afternoon. They come out to the car together, holding hands. It is precious!
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

5 rays of sunshine:
Lowe's with two kids is easy, huh? Try two of mine and it will make your two even easier.
Hyde had his first day of kindergarten. He didn't even want me to drive him to school! He ran onto the bus and didn't look back. Thank heaven the bus driver is one of his teachers and I know her so he was in good hands :)
I also did some errands with the 2 little ones and I'm with you. Way easier! I don't know why I even thought it was hard when I only had Will to tote around!!! Congrats on the beautiful surroundings. The weather has been PERFECT!!!
I've heard that for most boys, waiting to start school can be helpful. I'm glad Joshua's birthday falls when it does--he'll be almost 6 by the time he starts kindergarten. Hopefully he'll have as good of a start as Ian's had!
I can identify with that feeling of wanting to just check and make sure they made it okay! :) Brings back memories. I remember, too, when you and Ethan had lunch together. Good days... That is nice that they can share school days together. And I think it is precious that Elise and Ian come out holding hands! Just so sweet. I agree, too, about how fun it is to pick them up. I always enjoyed that time listening to my kids' days. Sounds like everyone is off to a good start! Oh, and your outside fun with the girls sounds so nice, too. I love all the flower pots you guys have painted over the years...such a cute idea! Love and miss you guys and see you soon!
I need to see pics of your cute school kids, especially the kindergartner. :)
Post a Comment