My little boy had a birthday last week. It's official. He's six. How is it that one little number can make someone sound so much older?
We had a fun birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese on his actual birthday. It was super fun to be there with a few friends and our family. Lots of pizza, lots of cupcakes, lots of tokens and lots of fun later, we called it a night.
So now he's six. When Ian was born, he had to be induced. He was a week late and I was beginning to wonder if he were ever coming. After a much quicker labor than his big sister, he was finally born. He had a head full of hair and was the cutest little guy I'd ever seen. From day one, he was a snuggler. Oh, how I loved that tiny baby boy, tucking his little legs up under him and burrowing into my chest. I can't help but miss that little fluffy-haired little guy, who stole all our hearts.
He's grown up quite a bit in the last few years, and they are good changes. He might be a little bigger now, but he still likes to snuggle. The other day he got hurt playing somewhere and he was a little upset. He climbed up into my lap, and I held him for a few minutes. After a bit he turned to me and said, "I'm okay. I can go play now." Just a little love from his Mommy was all he needed.
Last weekend we were playing bocce ball in the yard. After a lucky streak, I started throwing the balls into the woods and bushes at the edge of the yard. Every time I would throw a ball into the bushes, Ian would run super fast toward them, yelling, "Don't worry, Mommy!! I'll get them for you so you don't have to get in the bushes!" What a little gentleman!
So even though he's growing up a little too fast for my taste, I can't help but be so proud of who he is becoming. I just love that little guy to pieces!








5 rays of sunshine:
What a wonderful, sweet little boy. Happy Birthday/Season to Ian! Tell him we love him and can't wait to see him and celebrate some more. And I want to see that cool flashlight he got! :)
Love the pic of him jumping and Cory catching him! It's bitter sweet to watch them grow....
What a sweet little boy you have. He IS growing up..sniff sniff..and he is soooo handsome!
What a handsome little guy! I love all of the pictures, especially the one of you and him together. I can't believe he's six either.
So sweet. I do love that little guy. Hope he is having a wonderful birthday....still.
Post a Comment