Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Life of a Mom

The other night Ian was sick. He'd been sick all day, throwing up at least 10 times since early morning. By this time, it was 7:30, and he seemed to be perking up a little. Instead of just laying around, as he'd been doing most of the day, he felt well enough to jump around the room a little bit. At that point it was a relief to realize he was feeling better and more like his old self. But within a short 10-minute period he had managed to strip the bed of all the pillows, comforter and sheets--even the foam mattress pad. I was talking to my mom and the phone and remarked, "I guess this is my payback for standing beside him, rubbing his head and patting him on the back while he vomited into the toilet all afternoon." Ah, the life of a mom. :) Of course, he's the sweetest little guy, too. Sometime during the night last night he toddled into our room and climbed up in the bed. I asked him, "Ian, what do you need?" He just smiled sleepily, burrowed down into the covers and laid his head on my shoulder. What more could a mom need?

2 rays of sunshine:

Kristin said...

We lead a glamorous life, don't we? Last night Libby was stuffy and having trouble sleeping (she can't suck on a binky and breathe through her mouth at the same time). I went in and picked her up and rocked with her until she fell asleep. I don't get to do that very often, sweet cuddling. Those moments make all the not-so-good moments worth it. I'm glad he's feeling better :)

Kristen said...

That is so sweet. :) Isn't it true? Those snuggly moments are the best!!! They make up for a world of mischief. ;)