Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween Happenings

This year we made chocolate molds as part of our Halloween festivities. It was pretty messy, but we had fun.
Elise was quite the pro at this. She did a great job making unique and traditional ghosts and goblins. I think the mummies were her favorite.
Merry Grace just licked the chocolate bags. :)
My sister-in-law had a Halloween party. These are the mummy cupcakes that I made for the event. I'm not much of a cake decorator, but I thought these turned out really well.
We also made monster cupcakes. Again, for my limited skills, I thought these were a success.

4 rays of sunshine:

Kristin said...

Beautiful cupcakes! I made Rice Krispie treats for a party one year. The orange pumpkins turned out great, the black bats ended up a sickly brownish-purple. At the end of the party, there was no a pumpkin in site, but the bat plate was untouched. You know your skills are bad when even the kids won't eat them!

The Short Sale Strategist said...

I am such a wonderful cook.

Cory

Unknown said...

Were the eyeballs edible? If so, where did you get them?

Kristen said...

Kristin, how funny!!!! Yes, when the kids pass them by, you know its a bust!!! If you had seen pictures of some of my earlier work you would be even more impressed. I had all but given up the idea that I could make cute birthday cakes. This has inspired me. Maybe there is hope, after all. :)

Nope, the downfall of the whole thing was the non-edible eyes. I did find some (after the fact) at K-Mart on their candy aisle, though. Not quite as cute as the plastic ones, put probably safer. :)