Some days I'm convinced of that. This afternoon I came into the kitchen after the kids had eaten apples for snack, only to feel the urge to blow a gasket. It looked like a bushel of apples had exploded all over the floor, the table, and every other open surface. Apparently they finished the apples I'd given them and had gotten more. Since they love apples but don't like the peeling, they had to do something. So they (mainly Ian) bit the peel off the apples and spit it around the kitchen. Just staring at the freshly mopped floor now covered in sticky sweet granny smith peelings was enough to do me in. I called Ian up and together we cleaned up the mess. By the time he was finished he said, "I'm never gonna make that mess again." Unfortunately, I've heard those words before. I know they're well-intentioned, but sometimes the draw of destruction is just too much for a little boy.
In other kid-related events, while unpacking boxes today we came across some pictures of when Ian was a baby. He began looking through them and in utter surprise exclaimed, "Mommy, I was a white baby." Once again, there I stood in stunned silence. I have no idea what kind of baby he thought he was, but today, apparently, he made a discovery. :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

6 rays of sunshine:
Update: Ian also broke a drinking glass on the porch this afternoon. As if that weren't bad enough, he continued picking up the large pieces and slamming them down on the concrete until there were a millions little pieces of glass everywhere. Oh. my. goodness. Why, oh why, would he do that?
The joys of motherhood! :) You really need to write a book! I'm telling you, I think you're the Erma Bombeck writer of young mothers!
AHHHHH! My kids recently took a nibble out of all of the apples, then laid them back in the apple box so I wouldn't see. Libby, who has not had an accident in the night for six months has now done it twice this week. During one clean up attempt I washed a micro-bead snuggle friend that exploded in the washer, and we havde these tiny styrofoam beads everywhere, and the load of laundry I did today was coverd. The spitting of the apple peel would do me in for sure. I am just sitting here in shock that you got him to help clean up.
Ian takes after his mother!
oh man, that is so funny! ian is one funny kid...i love the comment
"I will never make that mess again."
Absolutely hilarious! Reminds me of the time my niece found a picture of herself and asked "Who is that ugly bald baby? It's so UGLY!" My sister didn't have the heart to tell her the truth, so she just said "I don't know". The things we do for our kids!
Post a Comment