Thursday, August 09, 2007

Conversations with the kids

Elise: Did you like to sing when you were a kid?
Me: Yes
Elise: Did you sing a lot?
Me: Yes. I remember singing for my mom and dad. And singing along with the radio.
Elise: Well....then why are you not a rock star right now?
Me: *stunned silence*


Not long ago we had ordered Chinese take-out, and the kids and I went to pick it up. Since you can park right in front of the store, I left the car running, locked the doors and ran inside to pick up the food. I had to wait a little longer than usual, so when I went back out to the car this is the conversation that took place:

Ian: Mommy, you took for a long time!
Me: I know, I had to wait on them this time.
Ian: Mommy, when you took for a long time, we thought you were dead!
Me: *Stunned Silence*

6 rays of sunshine:

Unknown said...

wow, what do you say to that? i would be left speechless!

with regards to elise's conversation, if only children's logic applied everywhere!

sj said...

I can understand the stunned silence...I mean, what do you say to that?

sj said...

So, what are the chances of that...Adam and I both posted comments from different computers at 10:19 and said the same thing! doodoodoodoo (that's the twilight music or whatever it is that we sing when something strange happens).

Lisa said...

Sj and adam, that is very eerie...especially the mirrored comment effect.
So, Kristen, why aren;t you a rock star yet? Get with it. ;)

Kristen said...

Funny timing on the comments, guys.

Lisa, I have no idea why I'm not a rock star. Somehow that exact thought process had never occurred to me before. Now I'm wondereing where I went wrong. :)

The Short Sale Strategist said...

Thats my kids. It is amazing of the things the dream of.