Monday, March 12, 2007

update

I'm pretty sure I should be in bed right now, so instead of going off to do that, I'm going to take a minute to type on my blog!

What a couple of days its been! I think I'm been thrown into my new role with full force. Last night I got word that one of our elderly sisters had been taken to the intensive care unit at the hospital and then tonight I got the call that another one of our sister's house had burn down. No way to ease into things that way is there?

I feel like this week I will be immersed in Relief Society, but maybe by next week I can come up for air. I spent this morning visiting with the outgoing president to get things in order. And the week just continues on from there. Elise also had dance and t-ball today, so its made for quite the hectic day and night.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm praying for a peaceful night's sleep. I'll let you know how that goes!

3 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

I'm glad you're on call! You have a good and compassionate heart to help those in need. I remember how as a newlywed you gave away some of your wedding gifts to a stranger who had lost so much in a fire. You and Cory are good examples of giving and caring about others.

Lisa said...

I remember when I was the secretary, at first it was kind of exciting to be able to help and know who needed what, then it sort of became trying, for lack of a better word. It can be so exhausting and eye-openeing. I know you will do well, you will have a special mantel on your shoulders to guide and protect you. Hang in there!

Kristen said...

you're right about the mantle. i can feel it already. i'm nervous and intimidated by these situations, and yet somehow everything seems to be ok. i have a fabulous group of sisters helping me. its amazing. by the time i got word about the fire, her VT had already been out to visit her. how wonderful is that?

i still would like to sit down, relax and just be calm for a few minutes. the peaceful night's sleep didn't come last night. i was just too keyed up. maybe tonight...