Ian got a tick on him one day this week. While he was using the bathroom (in his-stark-naked-sitting-on-the-john-position), I heard him yell, "Mama! What is this?" Of course, my immediate thought is, "I don't even want to know..." I went in there to find him pointing at what, from a distance, appeared to be a freckle. But upon closer inspection I discovered it was a very small tick. I think it was crawling when he first saw it, but when i got there it was either trying to attach or already attached. We got it off quickly and disposed of it. Its a little worrisome because if it were a deer tick, they are the kind that carry lyme disease, so that gives me something extra to worry over. But then again, I'm pretty good at it, so why not?
Elise is playing t-ball. There are 9 girls on her team, 5 of which are in primary with her. Its so cute. All of the 5 are girly-girls, but they are having fun. And they love being together. It will be interesting to see how they do. The last time we did t-ball, it was more of an instructional thing. Once, Elise and her cousin Emmy were put on opposite teams, with Emmy batting and Elise between first and second base. When Emmy rounded first, she saw Elise standing there, stopped, and had a nice chat. All the while coaches were screaming, "Run!!!" which of course neither girl heard because they were too busy catching up on things. Cory is helping coach, so Elise loves that. This past weekend they got to try hitting the ball out of the pitching machine. Elise was the only one of the girls to be able to do it. Such a proud moment for all of us.
Merry Grace is as cute and sweet as ever. She did something funny tonight. She had on a skirt, but no bloomer, which turned out to be a problem. You see, she's a pro at diaper removal. So, unbeknownst to us, she took off her diaper, peed all over the floor and herself, and then let us know how disgusted she was with the whole situation. (I'm pretty sure she thought it was all our fault.) It was so silly, though. She's a charmer, though. That little smile could win anyone over.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

1 rays of sunshine:
I love hearing about the kids! They are so cute! It all sounds familiar to me...like I have lived through the same kinds of things, I guess... :)
Post a Comment