We started off the gingerbread houses with one that Ian made at school. I went and helped his class decorate them. Ian did a great job, mostly all on his own.
Making "gingerbread" houses (we cheat and use graham crackers) was always a tradition in my family growing up. My kids really wanted to make them this year, but somehow they just aren't the same without Daddy making the icing. So we had my parents and siblings (and their families) come over to our house and we all made gingerbread houses and Daddy kept us supplied with icing.
The first thing you need is lots of candy. I think we had that covered. :)
Everyone worked really hard to make their house look awesome.
Everyone got into it, but it was definitely the girls (and I don't just mean the little girls) who stayed at the table the longest, getting all those finishing touches just right. :)
The finished products. I cannot tell you how wonderful my house smelled with all those houses in them. It was amazing! And they looked so super cute. :)
We even came up with awards and voted on the different houses. Each person won an award (but not everyone got a picture of it!!) It was so much fun. :)
We loved having everyone over to our house for gingerbread houses. It definitely helped get us in the Christmas Spirit. :)

1 rays of sunshine:
Fun family tradition. Sure enjoyed sitting around the table visiting, decorating, and having a few bites of candy along the way.
Post a Comment