Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Food Phrases

I made a mushroom saute the other night and forced encouraged the kids to eat some.  They did, although not too happily.  I think Merry Grace's comment summed it for everyone, besides me. She said, "I don't know how anyone eats mushrooms because they are sooooooo disgusting."

On another night I made homemade salsa.  Ian, apparently, was quite nervous about trying it.  But in the end, he became a fan.  As he dipped out another scoop, he said, "This salsa you made is much better than I thought it was going to be, because I thought it was going to be horrible."  His expectations were low, but I managed to exceed them.  It's always nice when that happens.


On the other hand, I made macaroni and cheese from a box the other day.  Not even the fancy kind.  Just the powdered cheese stuff.  Ian said, "Mommy, this is the best macaroni and cheese that anyone has ever made in the whole, entire world!"  Which always makes me question why I ever make anything else. :)

2 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

The kids comments are so cute! They don't even realize how lucky they are to have someone like you who loves to cook all these good dishes! :) The mushroom saute sounds wonderful, by the way. And I saw that cake you posted, too - looked delicious!

Susan said...

That pretty much sums up my kids' thoughts about my cooking, too. I tried out a new recipe just last night that was wonderful, and even after they finally got over the new look of it enough to taste it, they had a hard time admitting they cleaned their plates because it really was great. "Alright" was about the best I got from them!