* Merry Grace is a little Mama. Oh my goodness. The other night, she cried because we wouldn't let her stay up to fold clothes. Yes, she loves doing laundry.
*This morning, she decided it was time to dress baby Paige. She picked out an outfit for her, took off her old outfit, took off her diaper, at which point she peed "all over everything" as she said. Of course Paige was on my bed and (of course) I had just washed and changed my sheets yesterday.
*She really will make a great Mama one day.
*Ian and Elise were fighting yesterday afternoon over a blanket on the floor. Elise wanted to use it as a stage for her to dance and sing on, Ian wanted to roll up in it like a burrito. By the point I intervened, both kids had done enough that it was completely unclear who had caused the problem, who had it first and who had done the most aggravating of the other. It was pretty much tit for tat. So I took a page out of my sister-in-law, Amanda's book, and punished them both by giving them chores to do. Ian had to unload the dishwasher, Elise had to straighten up the living room. In the end, I think Ian got punished worse. It took him much longer (although I did help him with a few things) and he hated it a lot worse. But I did get some things cleaned up and they didn't fuss (at each other) while they did it.
*This morning, Ian and Merry Grace got into it. Merry Grace is a little mess, always claiming "I had it first" even though 9 times out of 10 she didn't. I'm not even sure she knows what it means to say that. She also loves to throw out an "I'm not your friend anymore" from time to time. Anyway, since they were just being annoying to each other, I put them to work again: Ian had to clean up the toys in the bathroom floor and Merry Grace had to pick up her baby doll stuff she'd gotten out. I'm liking this little routine. Either I'm going to end up with a really clean house or kids who don't argue. :)
*What is it about a boy? Is it just born in them to be fascinated by the computer and TV? I think Ian asks me a hundred times a day if he can do one of those things, even though he hardly ever gets the privilege during the week. And each time he asks me if he can, he seems stunned that the answer is still "No". Poor kid.
*Our washer gave out. It had been on the fritz for a while so this wasn't a huge shock. We got one off of Craigslist from a guy who gets used ones and repairs them. He even guarantees his parts and labor for 30 days. Thank goodness, because the one we got only worked for one load and then was done for. But he was super nice and came and checked it out and then brought us another one the next day. And I like this one a lot better. So, I guess I should be glad both washers broke. :)
*My blow-dryer broke the other morning. It just wouldn't turn on. I had known it was going to give out at some point, and I should have already bought a replacement to have on hand. I will certainly do that next time. I think I need to put one in my years supply. Either that or a pack of bandanas. After yesterday's incident, I realized I really, really, really need a blow dryer. Every day.
*We turned our thermostat down one degree. You wouldn't think that would make such a huge difference in temperature, but it does. Last night I had on long sleeves, long pants, thick socks, and gloves. I know I'm cold natured, but that just seemed extreme.
*Paige laughed for the first time yesterday. She's almost giggled a hundred times and she smiles non-stop, but we just couldn't get her to laugh. But yesterday Ian was blowing on her cheek and she just let out the most adorable giggle. It was so cute. Now we just can wait for her to do it again.
Just a few random happenings until I get around to finishing up my Christmas catch-up. :)

2 rays of sunshine:
we keep our house pretty cool in the winter, just because we're not there at all during the day and why turn it up so high when you're just going to climb under the blankets and sleep, right? well, when Allen first had me doing this i thought i would freeze to death. but i've come to realize it's all in my head. you would probably be shocked to hear we keep our house at 64-65 degrees!!! :)
I love all the stories of your day to day happenings! That Merry Grace is adorable wanting to do laundry and "mother" Paige...so cute! I like your parenting techniques for well-behaved kids and a clean house. And as for boys, they do seem to be attracted to tv and video games...and fire, adventure, explosions, taking things apart, ...see my blog for the "what will happen if I put this in the microwave" adventure! :)
Post a Comment