My friend Susan's cat had kittens not long ago and after reading about it on her blog, I talked it over with Cory and we decided to get one of them. Over the weekend the kittens were finally old enough to leave their mom, so we went to their house and chose one for our very own. So meet Sugar, also known as "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch":
Elise was really the one who decided on which kitten to get. She is in love with this little kitty and I think the feeling is mutual.
Ian actually wanted a different kitten, and it was quite a horrific parting for him and the other kitten that he wanted. But once all was said and done, he's become quite attached to this little darling. She loves following him around and he loves the attention.
At first, Merry Grace wasn't sure she was up for touching the kittens. She thought maybe she'd just pass on the fun. Once she'd tried it, she was hooked and cried unless it was her turn to hold the kitty. We've had to teach her about being gentle because sometimes she looks like she might love her to pieces...literally.
Here's a close up of her beautiful face.
And more snoozing. She's a cutie and we're so glad to have her as a part of the family!

4 rays of sunshine:
What cute pictures! I love the one of Merry Grace with Sugar! So sweet--I want to squeeze MG like that!:)
Cute pictures of the Sugar and the kids! They're lucky to have each other!
Love the pictures! And Hannah really likes the name Sugar. She says it fits her because she is so sweet. =)
What a sweetie! I would love a kitten, but Hobbit would eat it. And I'm not up for potty-training another cat for a while :) Enjoy the sweet thing!
Post a Comment