Happy Birthday to my dad! He's a little bit like an M&M...a little crusty on the outside, but an ol' softy on the inside. :) He's a man of many talents--he raises chickens, makes the best sourdough bread known to humankind, a jack of all trades meaning he can literally fix anything in your life that breaks or needs repair, he's a terrific gardener, he's the friendliest person you'll ever meet and has never met a stranger, he has served diligently in almost every calling the church has to offer except Relief Society President and I feel sure he could have done that one well too :), he's raised three great sons and one really, really, really super daughter, and keeps doing all those wonderful things day in and day out. I can always count on Daddy to call me on the phone, if I ever have an emergency I know he will be here at the drop of a hat to help out (he's already proved that in the past), and I know if I'm ever in need of someone to be stubborn with, he will come through. :) He's just a great man and a great dad. When I began dating and looking for qualities that I wanted in a husband, most guys had a really hard time fitting the bill because I set such high standards after watching my dad all those years. Fortunately, I found someone who would be as great a dad to my kids as my dad was to me. So "Happy Birthday", Daddy. Here's to at least 51 more. I love you!
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 rays of sunshine:
Oh, I love your dad too! Happy Birthday Adrian!
What a sweet post! A real tribute to a wonderful man! You are right on all those counts! He is a great husband and father and we all love him a lot!
Awww. Pshaw!
Logan paid him a real tribute at our birthday dinner as he expressed his appreciation for his dad, and then today, too, as he talked about all the things Daddy can do, all his talents and abilities. Very touching, sweet and kind.
Oh, I just love your dad too and think he is wonderful! Don't know his sons very well, but, I'm sure they are great. However, I do know his daughter and she truly is one amazing woman and I love her to pieces!:) Hope your dad had a great day!
Thanks everyone! What can I say? I just love my dad. :)
Post a Comment