Monday, April 28, 2008

My favorite things

I'm in a grumpy mood today with several things on the agenda that need to be done, none of which I'm particularly excited about doing. So I'm listing a few of my favorite things, hoping it makes me feel a little happier about the day. :) I don't know how well reverse psychology works on yourself, but here goes...

  • Tomatoes
  • Kittens sleeping on my lap
  • Expensive fabric softener
  • Hot showers
  • Flowers
  • Bargains
  • Hot chocolate add ins
  • Ice cream cones
  • Sitting on the porch
  • Picnics
  • iTunes
  • Blogging
  • Taking pictures
  • Selling stuff on Craigslist
  • The smell of pine sol when I mop or clean (I'm using orange scent right now)
  • Windy/breezy days
  • Flip flops
  • Homemade freezer meals
  • A clean house (when someone else does it. :))
  • Sitting on the beach from sun-up to sun-down

I could keep going, but duty calls. Its time for Ramen noodles, hot dogs, and tomato sandwiches. Better get crackin'. :)

3 rays of sunshine:

Carolina girl said...

I love the smell of April Fresh Downy! And since I hate to do laundry, I splurge and buy it even though (I think) it is expensive. It makes doing the laundry not so bad when I can smell it while I'm folding the clothes.:)

sj said...

Those are good things! I would love a good home-grown tomato for a sandwich right now! I remember walking in the garden as a child, with my daddy, and we'd take a salt shaker and pick the sun-warmed tomatoes off the vine and eat them, sprinkling a little salt on them. So good. The memory and the tomatoes...

We sure enjoyed sitting on the porch yesterday afternoon with you guys. That was so nice and relaxing. I wish we had more days like that.

Kristin said...

A lot of those things made me smile. Thanks for helping me remember the things I have to be grateful for.