Saturday, December 08, 2012

Days of December

Each October, we do a daily activity to celebrate the fall season and the upcoming Halloween holiday.  This October, morning sickness pretty much wiped out any desire I had to do fun activities.  So we're making up for it in December by doing a neat activity each day of the month.

One of our first activities was going out to dinner as a family.  We went to our local Chinese restaurant, a favorite dinner for all of us.  The kids were very well-behaved, although any time you take four kids out to eat, you can expect a little bit of chaos.

Waiting for our food.

Paige and Ian

Elise and Merry Grace

My sweetie and I.

The food was delicious.  The company was fabulous.  We had a lot of laughs.  Paige ate her weight in duck sauce.  We told the story of my Dad and his buckwheat pancakes.  It was a perfect night and a great way to celebrate the season with the family.

After dinner, we went to the Nativity our church puts on each year.  They have over 600 Nativities displayed and they are beautiful.  Paige fell asleep in the car, so I went in with the older kids while Cory stayed with Paige.  That was probably just as well, because I'm not sure she could have handled not touching them, even though we had that conversation 101 times that day.  It was hard enough for the older kids not to do it.  

Some of the Nativities were so beautiful, I was almost moved to tears.  We snapped a few pictures with my phone of our favorites, but really, every one was amazing.



This was the perfect end to our family celebration evening.  We definitely left with the spirit of Christmas in our hearts.

1 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Such good ideas and nice times to share together as a family. Love you guys so much!