Monday, July 11, 2011

Visits

My "little" brother, Logan, has been visiting us for the last couple of weeks.  We had so much fun having him here.  We hung out, watched movies, shopped for his mission, stayed up late, talked a lot, ate good food, played games and lots more.  He's just really fun to have around.


The culmination of his visit, was also my parents coming down so we could all go to the temple together as he continues to prepare for his mission. (Due to a computer glitch, he will be leaving in October, instead of August, as we previously thought.)

 Family!!!  (Cory had already left when we took this picture, but he was with us too!)



This inflatable pool might just be the best money we've ever spent.  The kids have LOVED it.  (This last picture of Ian just makes me laugh! :))

Uncle Logan is such a great sport.  And he actually doesn't look to bad in Gunmetal Gray. :)

The highlight of the weekend might have been the game of Balderdash we played Saturday night.  Ethan got docked points for cheating by looking up a word on his phone.  In a brilliant move, Logan figured out a way to get on the double points square.  In an even more brilliant move, Lois caught on to it and stopped him cold.  Logan got docked points for looking at the answer cards, but got a point back for not breaking the scout oath.  I could go on.  It was just hilarious.  There were points coming and going for all kinds of crazy things.  I'm pretty sure the makers of Balderdash never envisioned the rules we made up. :) I won, without cheating I might add, but also without any style points either. :)   So. Much. Fun.





We took some fun family pictures on Sunday, thanks to Shannon West, who made a valiant effort to help us out.  My mom snapped a few while we were all together, but I'll post Shannon's once we get those.  I love this one of Logan and his nieces and nephew.  He's such a fun uncle. :)

 As the photo session was winding down, Mama wondered if Logan wanted a picture with his dog.  As much as Logan loves Chip, he decided a photo of the two of them was too much. :)  But not to worry.  Mama snapped one of them later. :)
  
And one of Mama with her "bonus child", who is without a doubt the most spoiled one of the lot of us. :)


I love these pictures of my cute little "hippy" dad. :)  I'm not sure how or why he had this magnetic necklace wrapped around his head.  But we thought it was adorable. :)  

We had a great visit and miss everyone already.  Hurry back, you guys! :)

3 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

So fun to re-live the visit by looking through the pictures and remembering all the wonderful times together. Thanks for putting up with all of us and arranging the pictures and as always, cooking such delicious meals! We love the time we get to spend with all of you! Love family so much!

Geoffrey said...

In spite of his occasional and random oddities , he is a great man the way I see it! "In Spite of . . . !"

geoff :)

Unknown said...

Hey! I thought I was the most spoiled one!