Monday, July 11, 2011

Sentimental

While we were scanning pictures, I took some pictures around Grandma's house and yard that were sentimental.

Here are Ian and Paige on the picnic table in her backyard.  Its such a focal point of Grandma's house.  

Here is a picture of one of Grandma's purple hydrangeas in her backyard.  She had a green thumb if I ever saw one and she loved flowers.

Here's a picture of Paige with some clover she found in the yard.  

 Here are three of my kids (Merry Grace had ridden somewhere with Papa) and my niece, Ella on Grandma's front porch.  I remember sitting there as a kid.  We'd play "Guess that Car", where we had to guess the color of the next car that drove past.  Such good times. :)



 More cuteness on the picnic table. :)

After Paige got all clean and showered, she curled up on Grandma's comforter and went to sleep.  (Not really, but she did pretend to be asleep for a while. ;))

And here is Paige wearing Grandma's make-up.  I think she did Grandma proud. :)



 I made a sweet potato casserole while at Grandma's.  Paige climbed up on the counter to help me.  There was a moment where I just had to catch my breath, as I remembered helping my Grandma cook.  I would stand at the counter on a step stool (about where Paige is) and help her make apple pies or whatever else she was cooking.  I loved helping her and have such sweet memories of that time with her.  When I saw Paige helping me in the same way at the same house, it took my breath away for just a moment.  How quickly the circle of life goes 'round....


Family pictures on Sunday, after church.  What a great family!!!

1 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Good memories. I love that your children had the opportunity to know Grandma and love her. She loved them, too, and enjoyed giving them little treats and making over them. I loved seeing the pictures of the kids around her house, and the one of Paige helping you cook sweet potato casserole, standing where you stood to help Grandma cook - especially touching. It is interesting how our roles change from the child to the mother to the grandmother and so on. It's comforting to share these memories and have these common experiences in our lives. It reminds us of our heritage and love for one another.