Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Use it up...

Every so often, the pantry needs a good purging.  No matter how careful we try to be, there is always some food that gets overlook and hangs around beyond its expiration date.  What better use for it, than a recipe for the kids?  Sunday afternoon the weather was beautiful, so the kids took the old food I had saved for them and got to cookin'.

 This girl is just too cute for her own good. :)

 America's next top chefs hard at work.

The girls take their food prep seriously. :)


It only took about two seconds into the food prep before this one had spilled yam juice on her pants and quickly stripped them off.  It didn't slow her down one little bit.


 I love kissing this little darlin's sweet cheeks.  She's so used to it now, when I say I want to smooch her she just sticks her cheek on over my way.  She knows its coming.

My Lisy adding "Lisy" brand seasoning. :)  She thought that was cool.

Be forewarned.  The following picture is the finished product.  This one is not for the weak stomached.  Consider yourself warned...




Ta-Da!!!  Yum Yum!!!  (Its the banana peppers that really throw me for a loop.)

And this is what happens when you dump the finished product in the front yard.  Yes, some clean-up required. :)

2 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

You guys used to love to do the same thing...ah good memories!

Amy said...

great idea!