Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Really?


Sunday morning, (a.k.a. Halloween Hangover) found Paige in the kitchen in nothing but a diaper sucking on three lollipops.  Yes, three at once--two in one hand, one in the other.


Ok, so its possible there is a little snot mixed in there too.  But look, she's a kid, its autumn time and that is just what happens. Anyway, I know she is a fiend when it comes to dum dums, and yet somehow I thought it was a good idea to buy the giant $7.00 bag to pass out to any trick or treaters who came to our house.  So after handing out about 12 lollipops, I'm left with 288 dum dums.  Now I'm pondering who on earth I could give them to.  Anyway, you can probably imagine how she looked after eating three sticky suckers.  She was coated about an inch thick in stickiness.  She drools sticky stuff all down her face, down her tummy, she touches her sticky candy all over her legs, she misses her mouth and gets her cheeks covered, she stumbles while she walks and gets the floor sticky (not to mention what she gets on the lollipop), she wipes her eyes, her hair is matted down.  To say every square inch of her body is sticky seems like such an understatement.  Finally, after those three were gone, I gave her a good soaking in the tub and had her cleaned and ready to go.  Not ten minutes later I see her toddle by me in the bedroom with two blue dum dums.  What?!  Fortunately I caught her before she got too sticky and told the kids to throw them away.  I finished putting on  my clothes and lo and behold, there was that cute little baby sucking on those same two dum dums.  Are you kidding me?!  So I took them away and asked the kids, "Why didn't you throw those lollipops away?"  Elise looked at me and said, "Uh...We did."  Uh oh.  Apparently she'd gotten them out of the bathroom trashcan.  That is just too gross!  So I handed them to Elise and asked her to make sure they got really, really thrown away this time...like buried.  Thankfully we made it to church without another sucker incident.  But when I went back in the bathroom I found the trash scattered all over the floor.  Apparently someone had been scavenging.  Seriously.  Someone has got to come get these suckers from me.

6 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

Too funny...that Paige. She is a cute one, sticky and all.

Meredith said...

That's hilarious! She is too cute!

Heidi said...

Too, too funny! She is adorable. And now I know how to get on her good side. I have a bag of 300 dum dums left and a 3 lb bag of laffy taffy!

WoozleMom said...

OH MAN that was funny! Good luck getting rid of the dum dums. I'd take a few off your hands except I live a couple thousand miles away...

Amanda said...

That cracks me up....

Log said...

haha crack cocaine for young kids.