One day last week I had had a rough day. Actually, just a few rough hours. I can't seem to remember now what all the frustrations were--which probably says something about how unimportant they really were--but nevertheless, I was getting stressed out. I think I needed to feed Paige who was getting fussy, Merry Grace woke up grumpy as all get-out from her nap, dinner was cooking, Ian was probably destroying somthing and things were just getting hectic. Elise could tell things were getting out of hand and she went to her room and came back with something shiny in her hand and handed it to me. A while back, she had collected the wrappers from a bag of Dove's Promise candy and saved them in her nightstand drawer. I looked down to see this message on the wrapper: "Create peace for yourself." What a sweet, funny girl she is!!! She broke the tension of the moment by making me laugh and warmed my heart because it showed me that she loved me and wanted to help me feel better. So I tried to do what the message said. I even put it on the refrigerator to remind me to create peace for myself, because I need that reminder about 100 times a day. :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

4 rays of sunshine:
OH, that is just the best! What a sweet sweet girl you have!!!
That is one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard.
That warms my heart, too. What a sweet message from a sweet, little girl!
wow- what an observant sweet little girl you have!!!
Post a Comment