Easter completely snuck up on me this year. It's not like we didn't talk about it or think about or send things to Elise's school for the holiday. I guess I really thought the Easter bunny was going to deliver the stuff this year. Usually we do our big celebration on Saturday morning so we have more time, so we can spend Sunday doing more of the spiritual stuff, and so we can cut down on the sugar rush that the primary presidency has to deal with by getting the chocolate in on Saturday. But this year, all of a sudden it was Saturday evening and we still hadn't even gotten so much a a few pieces of candy. Cory went out for an emergency run that night, but after he got home I realized I had left a few important things off his list....like plastic eggs for one. Every year we hide eggs throughout the house or in the yard so that the kids can have an easter egg hunt provided by the Easter bunny, first thing in the morning. A little hard to do without eggs, though. But it was already late and we were scrambling, so we just went with what we had. Elise woke up early and walked into the living room where I was and sort of looked around, a little puzzled. Finally she asked, "Did the Easter Bunny hide our eggs?" Boy did I feel rotten. I tried to explain it away, and she accepted it, but she was obviously disappointed and I was feeling like a loser. =) So we just did things "better late than never". Monday afternoon brought a letter from the Easter Bunny, apologizing to the kids for leaving their eggs at the wrong house & asking their permission to leave eggs for them that night. The kids were really excited, left lettuce and water out for the Easter Bunny, hunted their eggs the next morning and just had a ball. So all was well and all was forgiven.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

6 rays of sunshine:
Hahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, stories like that make me excited to have kids. What a funny story.
It was following your typical style, but I found it humorous how the "Easter Bunny" left his easter goodies at another house. Funny, I never knew the Easter Bunny observed the Sabbath day.
Very cool though, Kristen. You've got smart kids, especially ones that would pick up on the lack of Easter eggs.
I was talking to Josh last weekend (the week after Easter), and he was telling me about having an egg hunt for Isabella on Saturday. He said they started this tradition where they have some kind of "spring" day and do Easter fun things like egg hunts the next week. Then he said "everything is on sale after Easter, so it's cheaper then".
Thanks, Adam. I'm glad my kids make you want to have your own. That's not always the case, you know. =)
Rise, the sale thing is so true. After we messed up, the stuff we got was cuter than what we would have gotten otherwise. We got adorable baskets and more eggs and candy b/c it was so cheap. Its not a bad tradition to start!
You guys always make things lots of fun!
we do try mother. we do
Well, the Easter Bunny has learned the value of a budget. How is the Tooth Fairy doing?
Post a Comment