Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another week

My goodness! Has another week come and gone already? I feel that I am on a wild circus ride. Life these days is busy, busy, busy. My calling is by far the most demanding I have ever experienced. A lot of that is due to the sheer number of sisters involved. There are just sooooooo many people. There are so many meetings, so many tasks to remember to see about, so many needs to be met. It can be a little--ok, quite--daunting and overwhelming. That being said, I can see Heavenly Father's hand in almost everything I do. I can literally feel myself being lifted up when I am tired, to be able to take care of what needs to be taken care of. Somehow I am able to meet demands that I never thought I could. I never want to lose that feeling. Speaking of all things Relief Society (these days I wonder if there is anything else), we had a fun activity last night. This month the YW have been paired up with RS sisters, with the RS being secret sisters to the YW. It has been super fun and I feel like it was a wonderful bonding activity for all involved. Last night was the culmination with everyone finding out who was who. Really fun.

Our AC messed up again. If any of you have followed my life at all, I am beginning to wonder if a broken AC is just the curse of my life. In running back over the years in my mind, we are approaching the 8th summer that Cory and I have been married. I can only recall one summer without any AC problems and I'm sure if I could remember things more clearly, there must have been something to happen that year. Could we possibly have had one summer without AC trouble? Anyway, it was 85 degrees in the house today--with windows open and fans blowing. Hopefully we will be on to cooler times soon. =) Thankfully it is only April.

We've had a field trip for Elise, her spring festival, t-ball games, piano lessons, RS meetings, and a few other odds and ends since I last wrote. But we're doing well. We're all reasonably healthy, definitely happy, and just hanging on for dear life. If you follow the link for "Barnett Bunch Pictures" on the side of the blog, you can find the latest pictures of the family. The last two albums are the most up-to-date.

1 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

A wild ride indeed...but what a great trip it is!