okay. my sweets addiction is out of control. i love sweets and like to have a "sweet bite" after every meal. life is just wonderful with sweets around. but today i decided to take a break. i'm going to go one week without sweets. i'm scared. i love sugar. but i know i will be healthier. i don't want to go without them forever, but i would like to have some moderation with them i'll let you know how it goes. a week is a long time. i even threw out two halves of pie. a half of a chocolate chip pie and half of a cherry pie. that is committment. a couple of times i've thought of going to the trashcan and digging them out, but have decided against it. just too many germs....;)
i burned my arm this week. i cooked spaghetti on monday night and at some point i reached over the front burner with the pot of sauce to the back burner. a drop of sauce splashed up on my arm and burned a spot on me. it was instant pain and and i jerked my arm back. i saw the sauce drop, so i quickly wiped it off with my other hand. when i did i wiped off the top layer of skin on that one spot. YIKES! it hurt pretty bad and it looks gross. all i can think about is people who are severly burned and wonder how they make it.
ian and i made a potpourri christmas tree. it is very cute and we had fun making it. ian got burned on the hot glue. not badly at all, but just enough to hurt. after he did he wanted to get off a piece of our aloe vera plant to put on it. only he called it the "planet". he pushed his chair over to the cabinet and said, "i need to get some of that planet where i got burned." it was so cute.
lisa, you will appreciate this. you know that weird burping thing we do? do you still do that? i do sometimes, although i don't think its as much as i used to, or maybe i'm just not as self-concious about it. anyway, tonight elise was sitting beside me and i heard her make that noise. she just looked at me and goes, "i always burp like a frog." i thought i would die laughing. i guess its hereditary. ;) i told her sometimes i burp like a frog too. i wonder which ancestor we have to thank for that?
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

4 rays of sunshine:
That is so funny! The only time I am capable of burping is when I am pregnant and only occasionally, unintentionally, Maybe once a year when I am not. I hate it because I can't predict the burp, so I feel so rude. Anyway, all my kids seem to be able to burp, so they are lucky so far. Frog burp, I love it!
i think its more of a burble or something. its like air bubbling up your esophogus without actually coming out. if only blogs made sound i could imitate it....wouldn't that be a thrill? ;) i suspect ian will not have this problem. we just need to get him to stop spitting, first.
I think I do something odd with that too.
Sorry about the burns! I like Ian's comment about the burn planet.
I don't know where you get that sweet tooth, Kristen. Not from me, I'm sure.
Post a Comment