Here was our Christmas tree with everything on it. It looks so pretty. It may be the best one yet.
Here is our mantle with FIVE christmas stockings. We're starting to fill it up. It looks so nice. The stockings are made by Grandma Jarrell and are the prettiest ones I've ever seen.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

7 rays of sunshine:
looks festive! I put my tree up about three weeks ago. I love it. The kids were lots of help this year like you mentioned, and it was a lot of fun seeing their excitement.
well you are johnny on the spot! 3 weeks!!! wow. of course, it's a lot of work to set the tree up and decorate the house for only three weeks! so i can see that the longer method would be nice. and i just love the atmosphere in our home with the tree lights and such. it is so comforting and peaceful. do you do much else around the house (indoors or outdoors)?
I put my tree up so early for three reasons:
1) I obsess about when I am going to put it up begining in mid October.
2) I love buying Christmas ornaments, but always fret over whether it will match the other ones or if I have something just like it, so I like it up, then I can see what will work.
3) I don't have to worry about finding the time or energy during marathon holiday weeks. It seems like Thanksgiving comes and goes and then it is a crazy sprint to the holiday, so then I enjoy doing it more, because it isn't rushed.
4) Sorry, I guess there are four. By the time Christmas day is over, I am so tired of it and wanting my house back to normal that I get it down and out quickly without feeling sad. :).
I have a few other decorations around the house, but mostly the tree and mantel for me. I hung some oversized ornaments on the front porch, but no lights yet. I would love to put some on, but it is bitter cold outside and Shawn is not very interested in doing the exterior. I love Christmas lights outside, it is so cozy. I may break down and do it myself, but it falls into the "strictly-a-man-job" category, so I don't know. I guess I'll just cross my fingers!
I love your stockings!
oooohhhh. i like the oversized ornaments on the porch idea. how did you do them? that sounds like something i could do. =)
i started putting lights on a christmasy cedar tree beside our porch, but didn't have enough to finish it, so we'll see where that goes. ;) i used to have lighted garland that i draped across the porch railings, but it didn't make it from last year. i think i'm going to have
to get another tree next year to hold all my ornaments. i think we filled up every branch and still had a few oddball things left over. and my next tree purchase will be a pre-lit one. ;)
I'm with you on the pre-lit. I would love to have two trees, my mom has three, and one is 12 feet. So we are a little nutty about Christmas trees. I just bought these big red ornaments at walmart for three bucks each, and hung them from the plant hooks on our porch with some ribbon. Looks nice. The weather is good and I am tempted to try hanging some lights. I am sympathetic to the half lighted tree, that sounds like something I would do. Start it and not be able to finish, and then sort of never finish!
I love all the decorations, all the sights and sounds of Christmas! It's just wonderful!
gracie's stocking looks gothic.
Post a Comment