On saturday, cory & i got "takeout" from applebee's. i'd been craving something i had there about a month ago--one of their 3-course combos. it's called the shrimp and parmesan sirloin combo and it is fabulous. here is the menu description: "An individual portion of Spinach & Artichoke Dip paired with Shrimp N Parmesan Sirloin. Sirloin with a topping of grilled garlic shrimp and delicious Italian cheeses and herbs. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and garlic toast." do you know how sometimes you experience something really, really good and then, when you try it again, you realize that you have built your expectations up so high that the real thing doesn't live up to your imagination or memory of that thing? This was not one of those times. every bite was wonderfully delicious and so perfect--i was in love with this meal. actually, just writing this makes me want to eat it again. i can almost taste that spinach & artichoke dip....
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

10 rays of sunshine:
i would post a link to the applebee's site if i could remember what adam showed me to do! sorry...i'm a slow learner!
That is so funny! WQe went there recently and that is what I got, and I loved it!. They ran out of spinach artichoke dip, so I got to upgrade my desert to a maple blondie...so yummy! I have a great spinach artichoke dip if you want it.
Spinach & artichoke dip doesn't really sound that glorious to me, but you actually have persuaded me to try it. I think we'll have to go to Applebee's next weekend. I wonder if they would give you some commission!
susan, i could at least be a spokesperson for that meal. i BELIEVE in it! =)
lisa, sometimes i think we have a weird psychic connection. i would love the recipe if you get time. i'm a big fan!
Kristen, are you the one who edits the links to other blogs? It works the same way to make links anywhere else. So, to make a link to Applebee's, you type this:
<a href="http://www.applebees.com">Applebee's</a>
The word "Applebee's" is typed between the two chunks of code enclose in brackets, so that is what someone would click on to open the link. In Blogger, you can also highlight the text you want someone to click on, then click the link tool icon (it is after the bold and italics icons) and then type in or paste the web address.
Some more explanation:
the "a" tag in html stand for "anchor". "href" means "hypertext reference" - it is the place you are linking to.
yay! i did it! adam showed me some of this stuff, but its so new/foreign to me that i'm a slow learner. but i'm getting there. thanks for the refresher. also...got you added so you can do the comment thing. thanks! =)
yeah, really! We make look nothing alike, but we are definitely related!
I think there is something wrong with my typing lately!
Now I want some of that dip, too! You're a good salesperson, Kristen - great description! Lisa, if you e-mail the recipe, please copy me, too, or if you post if, I'll get it there. Thanks!
Post a Comment