i remember when i was little that i loved inspector gadget. i created fantasies involving or revolving around inspector gadget and crew. one thing in particular was code maps. i began a collection of "code maps", or as they are known to non-spy people, public restroom paper towels. every time we went somewhere that had those three-fold paper towels, i had to take at least one home with me. the brown ones were the best, but all were good. today i took milo to the vet for more puppy shots and stuff. while in the exam room waiting for the vet, elise entertained herself by picking out brochures from a wall filled with them. the topics discussed in them ranged from traveling with your pet to salmon poisoning to feline immunodeficiency. this is a typical occurance whenever we're out. at the pediatrician's office we come out with a stack of brochures about sids, vaccination schedules, medicine dosages, and car seat safety. at the library we come home with multiple hand-outs about toddler time, wake county's book of the month, local senior activities, and tax information. and the list goes on. i'm not quite sure what elise's motive is, i remember why i carried loads of paper towels home from public bathrooms, but for her i'm not quite sure. either way, the similarities are intriguing if nothing else.
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

5 rays of sunshine:
It's funny what you like to "collect" as a kid. I think someone we know had a bandaid box collection when they were little. As for Elise's brochure collecting, I don't think I grew out of that until only a few years ago!
who had the bandaid collection?
I don't know what recesses of the memory I pulled that from and why, but it seems like maybe it was one of the Sloop kids. I just have this vague recollection of someone finding humor in that their child collected bandaid boxes.
Hey Kristen, speaking of collecting things and funny memories, do you remember that code collection i started? I made almost 4 pages of different codes I made up. I even gave a few of the codes to my teachers in 5th grade and they couldn't figure them out...haha. It's kind of funny the things we all do as kids.
Oh, I'd forgotten that until you mentioned it! I remember the code phase! You did one in the talent show! Those were really good!
Post a Comment