Tonight Paige came up to me and said, "Mommy smell me." She had the biggest grin on her face. I leaned down really close and got a HUGE whiff of some sort of perfume that I couldn't quite recognize. "Oh, Paige," I said. "That smells nice." (It's possible "nice" was one of those little white lies Mommies sometimes tell.) She gave this little giggle and responded, "Do I smell like sugar?" I was surprised, since sugar was not what I had smelled. But I told her, "Oh, yes. You smell just like sugar." She gave another giggle and crinkled her nose and asked, "Do you think I've been eating sugar?" And then it was my turn to laugh and ask her, "Have you been eating sugar?" To which she said, "Yes!!! Isn't that funny?" It wasn't exactly funny, but it was kind of adorable. Although I did have to tell her that we don't just eat sugar. But a smile or two might have sneaked out while I said it. Maybe she just takes after her big brother. Which reminds me...I never did find out what that "perfume" I smelled actually was...
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

0 rays of sunshine:
Post a Comment