Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Mommy Moments

I love those moments where you just feel proud and happy to be a mom.

The other day Elise and I had a few sharp words (that seem to happen a little more frequently as she approaches the teenage years).  In truth, we were probably both a little wrong in how we handled things.  We both apologized, but it made my day to find a pack of Mentos from her "stash" and a note telling me how much she loved me and that I was "meant" to be a mom.  Love that girl to pieces.  Her sassy tween self and all. :)

Last night I was giving Ian a hug and kiss good night.  He said, "When you give me a hug and kiss it just makes me feel happy inside and I just don't know why."  Wow.  Ditto, son.  Ditto.

Merry Grace was talking to me as I was tucking her in the other night.  She told me that sometimes she feels sad at school because she misses me and she feels like crying.  But she says when that happens she prays to Heavenly Father in her heart and asks Him to help her feel better.  "And," she says, "it works."  I love that she knows where to turn when something is hard.  What a sweet girl.

Paige tells me at least 74 times a day that I'm "the best Mommy in the whole wide world."  And I never, ever get tired of hearing her say it in her cute little teeny tiny voice.  That girl is my favorite Paigie in the whole wide world.  And that's exactly what I tell her.

There's just something wonderful about being a Mommy.

3 rays of sunshine:

WoozleMom said...

Such sweet stories! The moments that make the hard times all worth it :)

sj said...

That's so sweet - brought tears to my eyes this morning. Love you all.

Susan said...

You have sweet kids, and they are right that you are a great mom!