Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Fall Y'all!!!

With cooler temperatures in the air, we've enjoyed some outdoor fun!  One Monday evening, we decided to have a weenie roast in the backyard.

Elise drove Paige around in the jeep while they waited for the fire to get ready.  (I'm pretty sure the jeep was one of the best purchases ever.  8 years later, its still running strong!)

 Merry Grace got a little cooking help from her Dad.

Elise loves red hot dogs.  She's a southern girl, through and through!!!

 Ian and Paige joined in on the fun, too.  (Although, as soon as I took this picture, I took Paige's cooking utensil away from her and did it myself.  I don't think what she's doing there is quite safe enough! ;))

I'm not sure this is the typical way of eating a hot dog....

 But apparently, its just as delicious! :)


And after dinner we made s'mores.  Which were pretty near perfect!

The fall weather is wonderful.  I'm pretty sure this is Cory's favorite time of year.  He loves the crisp air.  And actually, I think we all do.  Its such a nice change.  And I think we're all ready for another bonfire! :)

4 rays of sunshine:

Heather Macbeth said...

I loved all the posts! I think y'all are seriously amazing. And I'm still going through merry grace withdrawel. :(

Kristen said...

I'm glad someone is still reading. :) I seem to have been on blog hiatus. I think y'all are amazing, too. We'll have to have you over for a bonfire sometime. And I think Merry Grace is going through Macbeth withdrawal, too. :)

Ellett Family said...

I'm reading it all the time. I just love to read the stories and see the pics!. I'm a FAN!

Rachel said...

mmm...hotdogs and smores, it cannot get any better! Audrey loves the pictures of Merry Grace eating the smore (so do I).