Life is busy. I have a million things to blog about. (For those of you out there who take things literally, its actually more like 7 or 8 things.) About school starting. About Merry Grace's disastrous entrance into Kindergarten. And at long last, her success. :) About Paige's birthday. About Ian's birthday. And Ian's baptism. About my brother's missionary countdown. And some funny stories. And lots and lots of cuteness.
And so, since I have so many things to blog about, I'm going to start with something completely different.
A few months ago, we inherited a couple of cats. I don't even know if I blogged about it or not. My sweet sister-in-law was kind enough to give us two of their cat's kittens. ;) A solid black one and a solid white one. We, frankly, have terrible luck with cats. They all run away. But, with so much nature around our house, Cory, especially, likes having a cat around to keep snakes away. So "Salt" and "Pepper" (but most frequently just called "Kitty" or "Cat") became new additions to our front porch. Its been a few months, and as typically happens with our cats, Salt ran away. Or found a new home. Or disappeared. And so, we're down to a one cat family.
But this week, Pepper proved her worth. My brother came by and I heard him yell something from the front porch. Turns out there was a snake out there. I'm not sure what kind. It wasn't a black snake or a copperhead, that much I do know. The best part, though, was that it was already dead. Our lovely little Pepper had already taken care of it. When we came upon the scene, Pepper was batting the snake around like she'd just discovered her favorite toy.
Ethan made sure he was dead and disposed of him for me. (A million thank yous for that!!!) And Pepper has just won the "Cat of the Year" award. :)
(Unfortunately, we haven't taken many pictures of the cats & this is the best I've got. I think she deserves something a little more fantastic after her successful snake removal, but this will have to do. :))
(Unfortunately, we haven't taken many pictures of the cats & this is the best I've got. I think she deserves something a little more fantastic after her successful snake removal, but this will have to do. :))

3 rays of sunshine:
Kristen, you sound like a busy bee! But,I really can't wait to read more of the stories. take care.
Yay! I am glad that Merry Grace is getting more used to Kindergarten! What a relief! I am glad that your cat is so useful. Hopefully Pepper stays to keep protecting your house :-)
Yay for Pepper! :)
Post a Comment