Wednesday, June 01, 2011

It's One, Two, Three Strikes You're Out...

This weekend was a weekend of remembering.  Cory's dad's birthday was this past Saturday, and we used that day to honor and remember him.  We think about him often, we talk about him often and we feel his influence daily.  But I think those anniversaries or milestones are days where we just feel a little more tenderhearted about the separation we feel.  

So its nice to plan something where we have fun and enjoy time together, to push aside some of the sadness and make new, happy memories.  Once again, we went to a baseball game together, as a family--something he loved doing.


 These sweet, sassy girls were slightly more excited about being together, chit-chatting, and getting snacks from the concession stand than about the ballgame.  But that's okay, too.

 These boys could hardly be still and spent a good portion of time running up and down the stairs of the stadium.  But that was fun, too. :)


These cuties love being together.  Early in the game, our team was down by two and one of our players got up to bat.  Marleigh said, "This one's for Granddaddy."  And wouldn't you know, he hit a home run, which drove in another run and tied the game.

We were so glad Ericka and her family could be there.  The more the merrier. :)  Ally was glad she was there, too.


 My silly girl and her silly Daddy.  I love them both to pieces. :)

 I'm mastering the art of the self portrait.  :)

And here's the proof!!!  We won!!!

And maybe our favorite part is the fireworks after the game.  I think we all agree they are better than the Fourth of July.  Paige was so looking forward to the fireworks and thought it was taking a long time for them to start, what with the 9 innings of baseball and all, and kept saying, "The fire won't work!  The fire won't work!"  When they finally started, she covered her ears and said, "I don't want it!"  Oh well, you can't win them all. :)

So Happy Birthday to a wonderful man, who we love, honor and celebrate--today and everyday.  I'm hoping maybe my Grandma made him a chocolate sheet cake in Heaven. :)  Because every birthday needs a cake, right?

2 rays of sunshine:

sj said...

I love this tradition. Looks like you all had lots of fun!

Carolina girl said...

Wish we could have been there. So glad you guys went though and had a great time! I can't wait to see all of those cute kiddos in person!