I sometimes feel like something interesting actually has to happen to blog about it, but most of the time its just little things here and there that make up our days. So here is my blog about nothing and everything. :)
Friday afternoon I had the kids help me get the house cleaned up. We did "Power Clean-Ups" (which is said with a quick 'left-right' combo). I put on Merry Grace's princess crown and proclaimed myself Queen of the Clean Up. We set the timer for 5 minutes and "Power Cleaned Up" each room. So in a quick 30 minutes, we had the house in ship-shape. (Well, sort of ship-shape...as long as there are kids in the house, my house will never be spotless. :))
We spent most of Saturday out and about. We mad e a trip to Old Navy and took advantage of their sales to get Ian some school clothes. His favorite item by far was a pair of athletic basketball pants. They're so slick, and he just thinks they're great. We found a couple of things for Elise and Merry Grace (who LOVE clothes), although they didn't really need that much, but we did get some great deals on some clothes for Baby Paige. I just love getting stuff for $1.00!!! After our shopping trip we went to the park where we threw a baseball, frisbee and football for a while. There is this little amphitheater in the park, so Cory, Uncle Adam and I sat in the seats while the kids played on "stage" and used their healthy imaginations. I made up stories (have I mentioned I'm horrible about making up stories?) and let the kids act them out as I told them. Everyone enjoyed (and by "enjoyed" I mean laughed at my goofiness) the productions of "The Three Little Trolls and the Great Blue Monster" and "Mama Grasshopper Gets Her Wish Granted." (Did I mention I really cannot make up make-believe stories?!) It was a really nice day and we all enjoyed being together.
This morning I went out to water the garden. I've hardly had to do that at all this season, which is wonderful. I had to put the sprayer on the end of the hose first, then turned the water on, only to realize I'd put the sprayer on crooked and had water spraying every which way. So I turned the hose back off, fixed the sprayer and went to turn the water back on. I was almost to the faucet when I saw overhead (where I'd already walked under twice) a black snake curled up in the lattice. Great. Just great. So I had Cory (who adheres to the strict philosophy that the only good snake is a dead snake) come out and take care of it. Adam also came out to help and he pulled the snake out of the lattice and Cory attacked with the hoe. Thank goodness for men. Today we get moth balls. I can't wait!
And now I really need to get on with my odds and ends of the day. There are beds to be made and laundry to be folded and toilets to be scrubbed. :)

3 rays of sunshine:
I like the idea of being the "Queen of Clean." I might have to try that one. And YIKES! I got all creeped out just reading about the snake. And I can't believe you walked under it twice before you noticed. Thank goodness he stayed put for the guys to get there to save the day. We had a snake in our yard a while back that Aaron could never get. Who knows when he'll show up again.
I love reading about all the neat things you guys are doing! The kids could have acted out the 22-inch rope gun stories! :) Love you!
first time you find mouse poop in your pantry you'll be wishing you had that snake back :) Black snakes are great to have around the house. Completely harmless and great rodent hunters. Next time you find one, send it my way!
Post a Comment