The other day I was trying to find some flip-flops to wear outside (which shouldn't be a problem because I have a million pairs), but I was trying to reach around things and I was in a hurry and so I ended up with a left teal-colored flip-flop and a right pink flip- flop. At that point I was just glad to have a pair of anything, even if they didn't match. Well, wouldn't you know I got busy with daily life and the next thing I knew I was at Ian's Kindergarten Readiness class and one of the other mom's pointed out my shoes...yep, still mis-matched. Sheesh. And while it was slightly embarrassing, I really didn't care. But I don't plan on starting a trend. :)
And then yesterday, I decided to take advantage of Ian playing with a friend to run out to the Bath and Body Works sale to get a couple of things for Elise's teachers. While I was in the process of paying, (by this time holding a fussy baby who is ready to eat and a dealing with a cranky toddler who is also "starving") I discovered that the new check card I'd been issued with my new checking account was actually an ATM card. Just an ATM card. What the heck? Do people even use those these days?! So after two calls of frustration to the bank (one to activate what I thought was my debit card, although it clearly say "ATM card" on the top and one to voice my displeasure--remember the grumpy kids--) I was told I'd just have to go to my bank's ATM and withdraw money to pay in cash. I was not a happy camper and neither were my kids. At the ATM, after entering my temporary pin number, the machine would cancel my transaction and spit my card back out. After another call to the bank, I discovered that the pin number I received was actually to a debit card that I never received. I also never received the correct pin for the ATM card. And of course, this helpful person had no access to pin numbers, so the card is useless. Which it pretty much is anyway, if I can't use it to buy things. At long last, I went through the drive-thru, withdrew cash, fed my kids, went back to the store and--finally--bought the s-t-u-p-i-d teacher gifts (which at this point I no longer even cared about) and silently cursed the bank for their idiocy. (Obviously its their fault, not mine. :))
And lastly, this morning I drew the lucky assignment of taking Max to the vet at 8am with all four children. Cory had early appointments and had to leave at 7:15, so it was up to us. I think I'd rather have a root canal. We survived the appointment, though, and took Elise to school. She was about 15 minutes late at this point, and once we got her signed in had a semi-meltdown. Leaving her at school today was worse than the first day of Kindergarten. Terrible. When I got back to the car, Ian and Merry Grace were sobbing because their Sissy had to go to school and I was traumatized because I had to send her off in tears. We finally made it home at 10:15, only for me to realize that I'd forgotten to send her with lunch money and after the morning we'd all just had, I couldn't bear to have her just eat fruit. And she has an early lunch, so 5 minutes later we loaded back up in the car to eat lunch with her. The good news is that she loved us being there and when we left her this time, all was right with the world. :) So now I have to decide whether I should be effective or just collapse on the couch since everything I seem to touch turns to disaster...
Oh well, sometimes you just can't win for losing.
13 rays of sunshine:
I'm so glad you have days like this too! Sometimes I feel like the world is against me...
Oh, where's the chocolate?! It sounds like you need a good book and a hot bath on top of it. Hope you get some pampering soon!
All I've got to say is that you are Superwoman and I'm amazed at all you're able to do!
And I love the kids' pictures at the top of your blog--so precious!
Oh, wow! I love the new blog header! It's the first time I've come to the actual blog and not just reading in Reader to leave a comment.
Yeah, so there with you on the mind loss!
Someone really talented took those pictures. Maybe you've heard of her. :) Aren't they great?!! And thanks!!
I died laughing about the flip flops! Too funny! It reminds me of when I am halfway through my errands and realize that I forgot to fix my hair and make-up. YIKES! And I hope you collapsed on the couch and called it a day. Sounds like you needed a break, and some chocolate! And I love love love your new header! You must share how you did it! It is too cute. Those are some beautiful kids you have there!
Your flip flop story reminds me of a time Travis and I went downtown to watch a concert in the park. I put on two different flip flops to decide which pair looked better and then totally forgot and ended up at the concert with one of each.
Aren't you glad school is almost OVER for the year??!!
I feel that way on a daily basis. So often I just want to hide until it is all over. At least your misery can make others laugh and hopefully ours makes you smile too.
Wow, i'm exhausted just reading about it. i hope you're on the couch. i think i need to be and i only read about it. btw-love the header.
You have such a good outlook, even in the midst of all the things going on! I think you do amazingly well managing so many things - and with your characteristic good humor!
I love it! I know exactly what that's like, so you have my total sympathy and admiration that you survived!
I absolutely love your blog but I'm new to blogging. I've open a new blog (sightsandsoundsonline.blogspot.com) and I have trouble directing visitors and buzz for my blog. I hope you'll look at my blog and if you like it, follow it and tell your friends all about it. Thanx for your time.
Oh my goodness Kristen! I'm so sorry, but I am laughing at you and your poor bad luck! That happens to me to a smaller degree when I go out and about with my kids... but that was pretty crazy! It's can't possibly ever be worse than that!
Post a Comment