Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Conveniently Vegetarian

The other night I fixed some kind of chicken dish for dinner.  For the life of me, I can't remember what it was, but it really doesn't matter.  The kids first reaction to my cooking is rarely a positive one.  Sometimes they will change their opinion after tasting it, often not.  *Sigh*  So, as usual, when I was almost done preparing dinner, Elise came in to inspect the food.  After looking in the pots & pans, she looked at me and said, "I don't know if you know it, but I don't eat animals."  I did't know about this and told her so.  "Yes, " she said, "I don't eat food from animals, its pitiful."  Remembering what she'd had for lunch, I said, "Didn't you eat a hamburger for lunch?  That comes from a cow."  She thought for a moment and said, "Well, mainly I just don't eat chicken. "  Ah ha.  How convenient.  Where do they come up with this stuff?

3 rays of sunshine:

Lisa said...

I love the "pitiful" comment. So cute. I need to adopt it!

Bonnie said...

mine do the same thing and I just say " then I guess you'll be hungry. Avery is the worst. He sees the food and says "um I'll just have a hotdog". Like he has a choice.Kids!!!

Amanda said...

so funny...how can she not no what a great cook you are?