Well, I'm officially tired of being pregnant. I really don't like to complain about it because I'm grateful and blessed in so many ways. But I'm at the part where it really stinks. So there's my gripe for the day.
Speaking of pregnancy stuff, here are my funny stories from recently. We were cleaning up around the house one day and out of the blue Ian goes, "Mama, you're pretty fat, but I still love you." Then the other day at church Ian said, "What if baby Paige were growing in your knees instead of your tummy?" Then he just stopped and giggled as he thought about that. Then he said, "I'll bet your glad that she's not in your knees because they would just keep getting bigger and bigger and then everyone would laugh at you." I'd never ever thought about it before, but as uncomfortable as I am right now, I'm sure if she were in my knees it would be much worse. And yes, people might laugh at me. :) I also went to the store the other day with Cory and the lady who was ringing us up was asking about the pregnancy. Of course her first questions was "When are you due?" When I told her and she realized how much farther I had to go she said, in a surprised tone, "Oh....." and then she paused and then with some surprise mixed with realization said, "Oh my....." and finally again, this time with sympathy, "Oh." What can you say to that? Yes I'm pregnant, yes I'm huge, what can I do about it? But thanks for noticing!!!
Oh well, this happens every time. I'm a magnet for crazy comments. I guess I'm getting used to it. :)
Since this post has dealt quite a bit with Ian, I'll fill you in on a few of his antics. Did you know that if you poke a pop-tart with an ink pen it will make a perfect round hole in them? The pop-tart won't break in pieces, it will just be "holey". Did you know that if you try in on more than one pop-tart the same thing happens. No matter how many pop-tarts you poke, the same thing will happen. If you didn't know this, just ask Ian about it. He knows, because he tried it. And left is random pop-tarts laying around the house. Silly rascal. He also took apart the drains in the kitchen sink and then lost the pieces. We found the pieces for one of them, but somehow he managed to mess it up anyway and when we'd put it in the sink it would suction itself to the drain and we'd have to pry it out with a butter knife. And it didn't come up without a fight. He also used a whole thing of dental floss to booby-trap his room. It was wrapped from the bed to the rocking chair to the dresser, back to the bed, all over the dresser, over the closet and the nightstand, back to the dresser and over to the bed again. There was a lot of dental floss. A lot. It's just lucky that Cory and I found it. I just happened that Cory's parents were staying with us that night and Russell was supposed to be sleeping in Ian's room. I'm afraid the dental floss might have gotten the better of him.
They're little things, though, and I can laugh about them. I just wonder what in the world I'd do if there were more of him. :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

12 rays of sunshine:
i remember having a melt-down when i was pregnant w/ CJ. yes, i was HUGE, but did people really have to point it out??? the comment i got all the time was "are you sure you're not carrying twins?". and i could have been, seeing how CJ weighed in at 9lbs 2oz. :)
i feel you girl, but you are beautiful.
your family is just hilarious. I always love to read your blog. I always read them to Irwin and he gets quite a kick out of it aswell.Thanks for keeping us laughing.Ians so great.
Famous last words...you better be careful or you might get another Ian. LOL. Of course that would be super cute and lots of fun, but Ian sharing new ideas with Ian might mean it is time to move into a barn. LOL. I am a bit jealous. We don't get much hijinks like that around here. The last memorable issue with Luke was he had organized his sock and underwear drawer, and when I put his laundry away, I put it in wrong and he was furious with me. LOL.
Oh no, the home stretch has hit. I think with Liberty I just spent the last month asleep on the couch.
Just tell people who think your belly is big that you are just glad it always goes back to normal, but that you can't say the same for their big mouths... <:O.
I used to get that all the time. It is really annoying. The worst was when people stopped asking and just started staring. Then I knew I was huge!
You looked beautiful ALL DAY Saturday canning salsa. And what GOOD salsa it is, too!
Next time tell them you're not expecting and see what they come back with.... Or, my favorite, put the due date out about 8 months.
I'm proud of you.. You're a great mom!
Cute stuff! My "favorite" pregnancy comment was someone who was trying to give me a compliment... "You don't look as bad as everyone says you do!" :)
It's a good thing Ian's so cute. Otherwise he might be a handful. And you are beautiful, it should be illegal to look as good as you do when you're pregnant. Hope the baby comes soon. See you guys tomorrow.
I totally understand what you're talking about! Whenever I'm pg, I also get tired of it the last 1-2 months. I hope the rest of the time goes quickly for you. :)
Sounds like Ian keeps your hands full. ;) What a funny kid.
You ARE a magnet for rude pregnancy comments, which I don't understand because, first of all, you are a beautiful pregnant woman. And you are so sweet and would never say anything like that to someone else. Maybe people are just jealous because you are so sweet and beautiful. Yeah, that must be it. As for little Ian, like Amanda said, good thing he's so cute and sweet! And of course, that he still loves you no matter what!=)
Kory, I was stunned when CJ was so big b/c you are so little. I can't imagine my first being that size! And thanks for the understanding!!
Bonnie, I'm glad you enjoy it. :)
Lisa, Luke cracks me up. :) He sounds like so much fun, in just a different way. Boy, do I feel your pain. The end just isn't fun, I don't care who you are. And if it is, I don't want to hear about it. :)
Daddy, Thanks!!! If I weren't so nice, I might actually say that. :)
Mama, Yeah, that one really takes the cake. Then you know people are really talking. And they were really trying to compliment you.
Amanda, Thanks so much. You're a dear. I hope so too. The kids had fun, by the way. I'm pretty sure they'd move in over there if they could. The first thing Merry Grace said this morning was, "Ally Rae come to my house?"
Elizabeth, Thanks!!! He certainly is. :)
Lynetta, Bless your heart! I appreciate it. I need all the kind words I can get. Maybe it will preserve my sanity for a little longer. You're right about Ian...thank goodness!!!
Oh my gosh! He is such a boy!
Where is the belly pic? I want to see! I promise not to laugh, you can't be any bigger than I was!
If you ever really WANT to know what it will be like if you had more than one Ian, come hang out at our house. Or just check our blog. Yeah, checking the blog is safer. Observe at a distance.
Uh, Kristin, I promise I'll post one. I just need to take an "official" one.
Rachel, I think about that all the time. I can't imagine multiple boys getting into the messes that Ian gets into. And I'm pretty sure they egg each other on in ways they might not on their own. All I can say is "bless your heart." I think you do a wonderful job with your little crew. :)
Post a Comment