Sunday, June 01, 2008

Please tell me no...

Yesterday the kids & I were hard at work getting the house scrubbed down and we were working together in the bathroom. Elise was doing mirrors, Ian the sink and myself the toilet. (Shocking, isn't it, that no one volunteered for that job?!) As I was on my hands and knees with my rubber gloves on, scrubbing around the toilet with a sponge, Ian says, "Mommy, I think you really need a toothbrush to clean the toilet." That struck me as a little odd, considering that I wasn't aware that he'd ever cleaned the toilet, or had any idea how to give it a deep clean. So I responded, "Well, that is a great way to clean the toilet really well, but we can get it clean even if we don't use a toothbrush." To which he said, "When me and Emmy cleaned the toilet, we used a toothbrush." I vaguely remembered a time when the cousins were together that they all went into the bathroom and cleaned it...but of course had no idea the toilet had been cleaned or that a toothbrush had been used! So I asked, "Did you throw the toothbrush away after you used it?" He gave me this puzzled look like he had no idea why I would ask such a question and then said, "I don't think so. I don't really remember what we did with it after we cleaned the toilet." I just kind of stood there, praying my little heart out that whenever he cleaned the toilet with the toothbrush, that it hadn't been mine he's used and that for heaven's sakes I hadn't used it afterwards!!!

8 rays of sunshine:

Anonymous said...

I'm just laughing.....what can you say? Ha!! Sometimes you just don't want any help! I'm sure you'll never ask him to clean the toilet!

WoozleMom said...

Eww...I think this merits the purchase of a new toothbrush for every member of the family!

Carolina girl said...

That's one of those things you're better off not knowing at this point! And definately time for new toothbrushes for everyone!:)

Kristen said...

Ivy, he's getting a crash course in toothbrush etiquette. You just wouldn't think you'd have to explain why you have to throw a toothbrush away after you've scrubbed the toilet with it!

Kathryn, I'm with you on the toothbrush thing. It's been months since it happened, so what's done is done, but it still creeps me out.

Lynetta, Yeah, if only I could just rewind the clock. I'm not at all interested in knowing that. Especially since its too late. Ick!!!

Kory said...

oh no! definitely NOT something you want to ever hear.

sj said...

Oh, yuck! But what good helpers!

Unknown said...

yummy!

Amanda said...

i've never heard this story before. i'm laughing so hard i'm crying.