Sunday, September 24, 2006

what were they thinking?

this is what i think about the bishopric calling me to be the choir pianist--what were they thinking? today i had the first run-through of music for the christmas program & i feel out of my league. the music is beautiful & not terribly difficult in some aspects. but there is a lot of music and some of it is hard. i just feel like there are so many more talented people than me who could/should be doing this. i feel very inadequate. but even as i typed this, i realized that it wasn't actually the bishopric who called me, but the Lord. and i'm not sure the question i posed at the beginning would be the best one i could ask him....although i'm tempted. so i guess i'll just practice more and harder and maybe in two weeks when we go at it again, things will be better. fingers crossed?

5 rays of sunshine:

Susan said...

I'm sure you'll do just fine, but it might be a little harder with your fingers crossed! =)

Kristen said...

haha. =) i feel like they're all crossed when i'm playing! its like being tongue tied...only with you're fingers! =)

sj said...

I know this is going to sound like your mother talking...but you are soooo good at the piano - you'll breeze right through this - a little practice and you'll have it down pat! I have every confidence in you. You ARE one of the ones that everyone looks at and goes, "She plays the piano so well. She should be playing this!" You really do have a gift and talent and you've worked hard over the years - and it shows!

Lisa said...

Thiis calling would be my worst nightmare. I totally feel for you. only I have zero piano talent. I think if called I would ask if interpretive dance would be ok... Sherita, you totally sound like a mom. My mom will still do that sort of "mom" thing. We will be shopping and she will say to the cashier/clerk.. Isn't my Lisa just so beautiful? I just want to die and the woman is looking at her like, umm...yeah.

sj said...

Oh, that is so cute...I catch myself doing that sort of thing, too. It's just like sometines I want to get a megaphone and go, "Attention Everyone! Have you all noticed how wonderful my kids are?! Well, let me tell you...."