hahaha....you just never know! cory was being sweet this morning and was taking care of the house and the kids while i got some rest. i've been sick & sleep-deprived for the last several days, so cory was just being the wonderful supportive person that he is....and this is the thanks he gets! =)
I can just see Ian's face! He has this cute little smile and a twinkle in his eye! And he is "exploring" and finding out how things work! What a cute kid! Just glad the microwave didn't blow up or anything!
I don't know if this is any sort of consolation, but as they get older they figure out a few things, but they also can do more damage...like dent the new van or break the window with a baseball...you get the idea.
thanks for the "encouragement", mama! i think you have a great point, though. you sort of deal with the same situations throughout your child's growing up years. the specific items and the places and things may change, but its essentially the same. it has been funny sometimes to talk and elise and ian are doing one thing & adam & logan something else...but its eerily familiar. its a good reminder for me to not get too worked up over these things or erroneously think that when he gets a little older i won't have these things to deal with. it may be different things, but that is just what you do as a parent. its one of those things (like this morning when ian dumped out the bucket of seashells) when i just remind myself that this is the job i signed up for. just sort of that suck it up, sigh, and take care of it!
gross on the ants. it must be a boy thing. the most exciting thing i've ever microwaved was a metal cup that shouldn't have been in there. it made lightning sparks & left marks on the cup. but it was totally accidental!
The ant thing was gross and I think I do remember something about those marshmellows... maybe that's why your memory goes as you get older...some things perhaps are better to not think about...just kidding :)
Kristen, you make some good points about parenting. Very wise and true. And I like the comment that this is what we signed up for...and that's a good thing!
I'm a wife to "the one" and mother of six, trying to hold down the homefront and keep my sanity while enjoying the little things in life that really matter.
9 rays of sunshine:
hahaha....you just never know! cory was being sweet this morning and was taking care of the house and the kids while i got some rest. i've been sick & sleep-deprived for the last several days, so cory was just being the wonderful supportive person that he is....and this is the thanks he gets! =)
I am concerned about Ian's motives. Is he trying to turn your home into a meth lab?
I can just see Ian's face! He has this cute little smile and a twinkle in his eye! And he is "exploring" and finding out how things work! What a cute kid! Just glad the microwave didn't blow up or anything!
I don't know if this is any sort of consolation, but as they get older they figure out a few things, but they also can do more damage...like dent the new van or break the window with a baseball...you get the idea.
I guess I make my share of messes, too! :)
thanks for the "encouragement", mama! i think you have a great point, though. you sort of deal with the same situations throughout your child's growing up years. the specific items and the places and things may change, but its essentially the same. it has been funny sometimes to talk and elise and ian are doing one thing & adam & logan something else...but its eerily familiar. its a good reminder for me to not get too worked up over these things or erroneously think that when he gets a little older i won't have these things to deal with. it may be different things, but that is just what you do as a parent. its one of those things (like this morning when ian dumped out the bucket of seashells) when i just remind myself that this is the job i signed up for. just sort of that suck it up, sigh, and take care of it!
reminds me of me and adam. we used to melt plates of marshmellows until they exploded. once we tried to cook an ant or 2.
gross on the ants. it must be a boy thing. the most exciting thing i've ever microwaved was a metal cup that shouldn't have been in there. it made lightning sparks & left marks on the cup. but it was totally accidental!
The ant thing was gross and I think I do remember something about those marshmellows... maybe that's why your memory goes as you get older...some things perhaps are better to not think about...just kidding :)
Kristen, you make some good points about parenting. Very wise and true. And I like the comment that this is what we signed up for...and that's a good thing!
you didnt throw that bottle away did you? im sure the medicine is still good...
it actually spewed out all over the inside of the microwave!
Post a Comment