As part of our weekly Family Home Evening each week, we have a short time for announcements. Mostly this is about scheduling. Each person takes a couple of minutes to announce what activities they have going on that week. It could be their weekly lessons, a church activity an awards ceremony at school or a doctor's appointment. It helps us know what each person has going on and it reminds us of what activities us parents need to be aware of. Occasionally someone shares an announcement that has more to do with something great they accomplished that week or something they are hoping to accomplish that week. And we frequently have to re-direct someone who wants to make announcement time a free-for-all time of sharing all their thoughts and feelings. :) We had a good laugh out of announcements this week, when Cory called on Paige to share her announcements and she responded with, "I love Target." It may have been a little unorthodox as far as announcements go, but I can't argue with her on it one bit. :)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

1 rays of sunshine:
I love to hear the cute things the kids say! And I love the little snippets of family life you share on your blog. It helps us feel a part of your daily lives even though we're far away. Love you all!
Post a Comment