#475
Yesterday, I was just starting to curl my hair. I had a couple of rollers in and the rest was a mess. I hadn't even begun to put make-up on. Paige was watching me and after a minute said, "Oh, Mommy! You are so beautiful, Mommy!" Made. My. Day. I smiled and gave her a hug and told her "Thank You" a million times over. Then she asked, "Mommy, are you a Princess?" I looked at her very seriously and said "Yes, Paigie. I am." (Because I am, you know. :)) And then she responded, "Ooooohhhhhh. But we can't tell anybody, can we?" And even though we really can tell other people, she's really into secrets right now. So I told her it could just be our little secret. I'm pretty sure if most people had seen me right then, they wouldn't have believed anyway. :) But I'm so thankful for children who can see past the outward appearance and can look right into your heart.
#476
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

6 rays of sunshine:
Yes, a princess! And it's not a secret.
I think in Ian's case, I'd be looking at engineering schools. With good ball teams.
Well, I guess my girls are just getting a little too old because I'm starting to get more of the comments like, Mom, don't you think you should have another haircut soon?! :)
You know, Ian's really smart. Look at how much less work he'll have to do because the toilet paper won't run out for quite a while!
in my case i get to be the Queen b/c CJ & Rylee are the princesses. But it makes you feel oh-so-good when they say that!
Love that conversation with Paige--comments like that from one of your children make you feel the best!
They are so cute and sweet, and creative! :)
Post a Comment